EXTERNAL COMMERCIAL BOROWINGS
- An external commercial borrowing (ECB) is an instrument used in India to facilitate the access to foreign money by Indian corporations and PSUs (public sector undertakings).
- ECBs include commercial bank loans, buyers' credit, suppliers' credit, securitized instruments such as floating rate notes and fixed rate bonds etc.
- The DEA (Department of Economic Affairs), Ministry of Finance, Government of India along with Reserve Bank of India, monitors and regulates ECB guidelines and policies.
- Certification of Form 83 to be submitted to the Authorized Dealer and RBI
- Obtaining loan request number and drawing down the same